The Chair

8 Feb

So, an update on the chair… A lot of the fabrics that I liked were somehow out of stock when I went to order.  So I started my search over again.  And I found this.  A stripe that has the same colors as the polka dotted fabric, and an orange that just happens to match my wall almost exactly.  Not too much of it, but just enough to pull it in.  And it has blue.  Really, I think it was meant to be that everything else sold out.  I wasn’t sure about the scale of some of those other patterns as well.

Anyway, here’s what I went with.  I think I got enough that I can make a little throw pillow after I’m done reupholstering.  Yahoo!

Pardon the Tracer machine in the shot – I’ve been trying to get a little more artwork done for Clara’s nursery in my free time.  Oh, wait.  What free time?

But back to the important stuff – what do you think of the fabric???

7 Responses to “The Chair”

1. Kim Smith February 8, 2011 at 10:58 am #

Great choice! And I love that orange wall!!!

2. Heather February 8, 2011 at 11:05 am #

Love the fabric! Just checked a book from the library about making slipcovers. I’m on the hunt for a swivel recliner…50’s era. With good “bones.” No, I don’t have an impossible task before me.
    What’s your wall color? I like the brighter orange.

• rschlieman February 8, 2011 at 12:23 pm #

Haha, Heather! Not an impossible task at all!

The wall color is from Sherwin Williams – it’s called Determined Orange. Though, if I was going to do it again, I would get a paint chip from them and then see if I could find a Valspar or Behr color that was close. SW paint, well, don’t get me started!

3. Ginny February 9, 2011 at 10:01 am #

Love the fabric! You go get after that chair!

4. Emily February 11, 2011 at 9:31 am #

I love the fabric and the bright colors. Where do you get your fabric?

• rschlieman February 13, 2011 at 11:08 am #

Emily, I got it from etsy. You can search for specific colors, which makes it much easier! Fabric.com also has a good selection.

5. Kristen Learned March 28, 2011 at 12:52 pm #

LOVE that fabric, and LOVE the orange walls! You have wonderful taste, Rebecca!