Chair – the wrap up

2 Mar

You may remember a few weeks ago, when I was contemplating getting started on reupholstering this beast:  

Well, you may  have caught a glimpse of the finished product a week or so ago, but I thought I’d give you a bit better idea of the before and after.

 

I knew the headrest would be the easiest part, so of course, I started there.

I started by removing my previous upholstry fabric and got back to the original leather, which was in pretty rough shape, which isn’t helped by this terrible iphone picture:

 

This is about halfway through the process.  I say halfway, because although everything is re-covered, there were still hours to go to figure out how to put it back together.  Ahahaha.

But, I did figure it out (again) and here’s the final product!

I think Clara likes it…

I love how it brightens up the room and adds in a little bit of blue to the color palette.  Yay!  One project done!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: